(Orders fulfilled by Distributors)
"What I like most about SmartColor is the versatility that can be achieved with the colors...SmartColor Stains are extremely durable and accurate in color."
-- K. Brown; So. CA
"The application was simple. I sprayed [SmartColor] on the [concrete floor] with an airless sprayer. [SmartColor] dried quickly, but not so quickly that it was difficult to use. And there was virtually no detectable ordor."
-- Anonymous DIY; Jacksonville, VT
Restore, decorate and revitalize your concrete and masonry floors using NewLook's SmartColor™, a premium water-based nano-acrylic decorative concrete stain. Formulated with advanced nano-technology, SmartColor offers efficient penetration and tenacious adhesion to a variety of porous substrates. It is water-submersible, alkali, weather and UV light resistant. The environmentally friendly concrete stain formula is the safe, user-friendly alternative to hazardous and unreliable solvents or acid stain. SmartColor concrete stains require a top coat and are compatible with solvent-based, water-based, single and two component products, including but not limited to acrylics, epoxies and urethane sealers.
Features & Benefits
- You're in control! Semi-opaque finish or increase dilution to achieve desired transparency on concrete floors
- Tough stuff! Advanced nano-acrylic formula yields efficient penetration and tenacious adhesion that is extremely durable
- Durable! Weather and UV resistant; use indoors and outdoor
- Non-Invasive! Low odor; no respirators required
- Eco-Friendly! The VOC < 100 g/L -- no red label or hazmat
SmartColor is more than just a reliable concrete stain in a plastic bottle. Yes, so much more! It's a user-friendly decorative concrete stain for restoring existing concrete and other porous substrates, including:
- Pavers, masonry, stucco, and concrete
- Indoor and outdoor application
- Compatible with neutralized acid stain, polymer-modified and acrylic decorative concrete stains
- Compatible with overlayments, micro-toppings and resurfacers as a topical stain and integral cement color
- May be applied over sealed surfaces; easily maintainable
Coverage & Packaging
SmartColor is a single-component concrete stain that is diluted with just clean water to yield the following coverage rates:
- 4 oz Test (yields 20 ounces) covers 35-50 sq. ft.*
- 1 quart (yields 1.25 gallons) covers 250-400 sq. ft.*
- 1 gallon (yields 5 gallons) covers 1000-1600 sq. ft.*
- 5 gallon (yields 20 gallons) covers 5000-8000 sq. ft.*
- 55 gallon container available.
How to Cook Up a Gorgeous Finish
Forget acid stain! Use SmartColor to create your own decorative recipe. Try Milk Chocolate (SC-119) over Peanut Butter (SC-113). Or perhaps Hazelnut (SC-115) and Juneberry (SC-110) would look yummy together! Whatever your palate calls for, SmartColor is the right ingredient for your decorative concrete needs!
For best results, create a mist of SmartColor over the intended surface using an airless or HVLP sprayer; a beautiful, variegated finish can be achieved through the various absorbencies of the substrate, as well as the unique weights of each SmartColor pigment. Depending on the desired effect, SmartColor may also be applied via pump sprayer, the NewLook Applicator Brush, bristle brush, sea sponge or paint roller. Watch the training videos below for more information.
SmartColor May Contribute to LEED credits
- EQ Credit 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials: Paints & Coatings
- MR Credit 5.1 Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally
- MR Credit 5.2 Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally
*While not required, mixing with distilled, deionized or reverse osmosis water may help to ensure product durability and optimal adhesion. Coverage is based on concrete substrate porosity, moisture content, surface temperature and application method.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do you figure SmartColor is a "better product at a better price" than the competition?
A: SmartColor is a water-based, NANO-ACRYLIC concrete stain that leverages advanced nano-technology in a higher concentration of resin binding agent, which are premium grade. There are also less VOC's and stronger pigment suspension than the competition. This yields a more efficient penetration and tenacious adhesion. The competition also requires the use of special water and a silicate "boost" additive that supposedly makes their stain stick. But SmartColor does not require special water and or boosting additive. Thus...
Competition Cost: Stain + Special Water + Base Boost = $$$
SmartColor Cost: Stain = $
© 2013 NewLook International, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Concrete Surface Preparation
Beautify & Revitalize
Protect (Sealers) & Maintain