SmartSeal WB/AU Mixing & Application Instructions
1. Stir thoroughly before using. Do not dilute.
2. Apply thin, even coats using a brush, roller, microfiber pad, or sprayer. Do not exceed 1 – 2 mils in thickness. If puddles occur, immediately brush or roll out. Remember, “Thin To Win!”
3. Apply only when air and surface temperature are between 50°F (10°C) rising and 90°F (32°C) and cooling.
4. Mix NewLook Gription™ slip-resistant grit with SmartSeal concrete sealant to increase traction.
5. SmartSeal dries to a clear finish. Recommend two thin coats for optimal protection.
Curing and Post Application
Complete drying times will vary depending on concrete temperature, air temperature, humidity, concrete porosity, and other local conditions. At 77°F (25°C) and 50% relative humidity:
- Dry to the touch: 15 to 20 minutes
- Completely Dry: 50 to 60 minutes
- Initial cure time (e.g. ready for traffic): 8 to 12 hours
- Full cure time: 7 – 14 days
- Note: Lower temperatures and/or higher humidity will increase cure time
- Keep dry during cure time
- Keep foot traffic off for 4 to 8 hours
- Wait up to 48 hours before driving or parking vehicles
- Regular cleaning with NewLook Concrete Cleaner is recommended. Lightly scrub the soiled area with a window washing brush or mop. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and allow the area to dry.
- The sealed concrete surface should be inspected periodically for thin or trafficworn areas. Re-apply concrete sealer as needed with a maintenance application.
- It is common practice to apply a wax finish over SmartSeal WB to increase the protection and longevity of the concrete surface.
- Apply additional coatings of SmartSeal AU as needed. Re-apply concrete sealer after maintenance installations of NewLook’s decorative concrete stain.