Original Solid Color Stain
Restore and decorate your concrete with The ORIGINAL Solid Color Stain™, a pro-grade water based decorative concrete stain made especially for use with existing, unsealed, interior or exterior concrete surfaces.
Concrete stain formula penetrates the surface of porous concrete
Restore and decorate your concrete with The ORIGINAL Solid Color Stain™, a pro-grade water based decorative concrete stain made especially for use with existing, unsealed, interior or exterior concrete surfaces. The ORIGINAL Solid Color Stain is NOT a paint. The advanced polymer-modified concrete stain formula penetrates the surface of porous concrete (as deep as the surface pores) and creates an opaque (solid), yet breathable finish. Don’t forget to seal with NewLook’s SmartSeal concrete sealer.
Browse color options here.
NewLook’s solid concrete stain is ideal for…
- Garage Floors
- Pool Decks
- Retail Offices
- Convention Centers
- High Traffic Areas
- Exterior Residential & Commercial buildings
Applications & Uses
The ORIGINAL Solid Color Stain is commonly used to restore previously colored concrete surfaces or to rejuvenate old, tired-looking concrete by completely covering discolorations or stains. It can be used on concrete flatwork, vertical surfaces, concrete blocks, pavers, imprinted concrete, exposed aggregate, and many other cementitious surfaces. It can also be used with sandblasting stencils. It is perfect for use over micro-toppings and overlays.
It may be used on a variety of substrates, including concrete, masonry, pavers, brick and stucco. Not recommended for non-porous substrates, e.g. metal, porcelain, glass, fiberglass.
“NewLook’s stains are perfect for me. With a minimal amount of tools and overhead, I can put down NewLook stain five days a week and not break a sweat.”
–W. Morse; AM Resurfacing, CA
RAVE REVIEWS for The Original Color Stain
“We used [the] ORIGINAL Solid Color Stain on walkways at the Savannah Hilton Head Airport about 6 years ago and it still looks great! We are very pleased…”
–D Miller; Savanna, GA
“There’s a reason why it’s called ‘The ORIGINAL’ concrete stain. I’d never waste my time or money on shoddy copy cats.”
–T. Harmon; Pittsburg, PA
“Truly a unique, one-of-a kind, multi-faceted product and formula. And it’s the only brand we …purchase and support.”
–G. Roman; Staintec, So. CA
Coverage & Packaging
The ORIGINAL Solid Color Stain is a unique 4-part kit of pure magic that, once mixed and applied, has an extremely tenacious bond with the substrate. It’s not a difficult product to mix and install, it’s simply different than what you may be familiar with. For additional images of the ORIGINAL Solid Color Stain, visit the Photo Gallery. Read the respective Technical Information Sheet for more information.
- Large size (32 oz.) kit covers approximately 350-400 square feet (32 square meters) twice.** Stamped and very porous surfaces may yield 250-350 square feet twice. Smooth interiors may yield up to 500 square feet twice.
- Medium size (16 oz.) kit covers approximately 175-200 square feet (16 square meters) twice.**
- Small size (4 oz.) kit covers approximately 45-50 square feet (4 square meters) twice.**
Benefits, Features & More Benefits
- Proven and proprietary formula has been used to enhance concrete since 1989!
- 100% opaque concrete stain completely covers existing discolorations to easily maintain concrete
- Water based concrete stain formula is eco friendly with no VOCs and no toxic or unpleasant fumes
- Polymer-modified formula penetrates as deep as the surface pores to leave a natural-looking finish
- Water based stain formula is non-reactive & reliable — you can bet on the color!
- Breathable finish does not necessarily need to be sealed depending on wear and tear and expected maintenance
- Hundreds of color formulas. No color match lab fee for Davis, Brickform or QC colors
- Fast-drying concrete stain imposes minimal business interruption
- Easily installed with NewLook Applicator Brush (required)